Sometimes, it courageous to own to how good you are. And this is exactly what DJ Maphorisa has been doing, by saying he’s the greatest there is as far as SA music is concerned.
This has caused eyebrows being raised, and arguments flying in the air. But recently, it seems the majority of South Africans have agreed to his claims. Talk about attributing how good you are.
As the year is finally drawing a curtain with the last day in view, and people giving their opinions as to which song would be the “cross-over” song, many have taken to social media and taken time to acknowledge Maphorisa’s contribution to music this year.
The BlaqBoy Music Empire Boss is known for his versatility and as the guru behind many acclaimed hits of the current campaign with a terrific streak in the world of Amapiano music.
And because of his antecedents, he makes it on the trend list, with the producer getting a resounding nod for making sure people enjoy 2019; especially with all the hits he and Kabza composed this year.
Though he’s swelling up with the praises coming left and right, Maphorisa has received a fair share of criticism from people who said he was riding Kabza’s wave and “overworking” him.
Seeming unfazed, in July Maphorisa shared on Twitter that the hate would not stop his shine.
He tweeted: “Everyone wants a piece of Scorpion Kings. Haters want it down on platforms. Guys are jealous (of me), saying I am using Kabza. Why all this hate while everyone loves this project? Since Kabza started working with me has he ever missed a gig? So we don’t deserve it?”
- VIDEO: Maphorisa tells Mzansi to put some respect on his name: ‘I’m a big deal’
- Maphorisa and Kabza De Small have thoughts of doing a Live show at Sun Arena
- Cassper Nyovest features on new amapiano song with Wizkid, Burna Boy, DJ Maphorisa and Kabza De Small
- AUDIO: TylerICU – Kwarentin ft. Focalistic, Masterpiece, DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small
- VIDEO: DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small – MI AMOR Ft. QwestaKufet